Center da Capricorns
The Fundazion Capricorn foundation was founded in 2005 in order to continue to operate the hotel in Wergenstein that built by the Swiss metal and Watch Workers Association (SMUV) in the 1930ies.
The foundation took over the hotel from the municipality of Casti-Wergenstein and initiated the Center da Capricorns. The purpose of the foundation is a sustainable development of Schamserberg and to build cooperations outside of the region.
The Center da Capricorns received several awards:
2008 SAB award from the Swiss working group for mountain regions
2009 Bindig award for nature and environmental protection, Schaan.
Today, Center da Capricorns hosts a variety of organizations and attractions:
- Hotel Restaurant Capricorns
- Fundaziun Capricorn
- Administration office of Beverin nature park, www.naturpark-beverin.ch
- Mountain goat exhibit with interactive relief (infomation about Beverin nature park)
- ZHAW department of tourism and sustainable development, www.iunr.zhaw.ch/tne
- Competence centre for eco- and cultural tourism Graubünden, www.wergenstein-tourismus.ch
- Lia Rumantscha, promotura regiunala, http://www.liarumantscha.ch